Members of the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting elected new officers and three new directors for 2013-14 during the association’s annual meeting in Washington, D.C.
Thomas J. Von Riesen, CLU, ChFC, of Omaha, NE will serve as AALU President for the coming year. Serving with Von Riesen as AALU officers will be:
- President Elect – Anthony J. Domino, CLU, ChFC, MSFS of Rye Brook, NY
- Immediate Past President – David A. Culley, CLU, ChFC, of Atlanta, GA
- Vice President & Treasurer – Mark B. Murphy, CLU, ChFC of Roseland, NJ
- Secretary – Chris Foster, CLU, ChFC, CFBS, AEP of Greensboro, NC
Joining the AALU Board of Directors for a three-year term are:
- Steven W. Broadbent, of Johns Creek, GA
- Terence L. Horan, CLU, ChFC of Cincinnati, OH
- John C. Watson, III, CLU, ChFC, AEP, RFC of Greensboro, NC
The AALU membership also recognized Past President Gib Surles, CLU, ChFC, CFP, AEP, MSFS, and departing board members Tim Malarkey and William Damora for their service to the AALU and the life insurance industry.
More than 1,200 AALU members and guests attended the four-day AALU Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, (April 28 - May 1, 2013) including more than 500 who visited Capitol Hill to meet their senators and representatives. Visit www.AALU.org for more information.
By Ayo Mseka