Congratulations to the 11 insurance and financial professionals who earned their Life and Annuity Certified Professional (LACP) certification in July. The LACP distinguishes producers who possess understanding of life and annuity products, the consultative sales process, and ethical, legal, and regulatory matters above and beyond licensing requirements. The LACP indicates to clients and colleagues that a producer is a committed professional who operates in an ethical manner to serve clients’ needs.
The new LACP certificants are:
- Mark Apolenis, LACP, with New York Life in Salisbury, MD
- Preston Bellaire, LACP, CLTC, of Orlando, FL
- Clark Fisher, LACP, with Farmers Insurance Group in Palo Alto, CA
- Shane Grau, LACP, with New York Life in Topeka, KS
- John Gross, LACP, LUTCF, with American Family Mutual Insurance Co. in Bridgeton, MO
- Han Suk Kim, LACP, with New York Life in Fort Lee, NJ
- Donald Marks, LACP, MS, CLTC, with New York Life in Tampa, FL
- Gillian Mullings, LACP, with National Life Group in New York, NY
- Steven Saladino, LACP, LUTCF, with Principal in Tampa, FL
- Michael Scheeler, LACP, with New York Life in Vienna, VA
- William Snyder, LACP, with B Snyder Insurance in Lafayette, TN
The LACP is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and is one of only 11 accredited certifications recognized on the FINRA website. Companies that specifically approved LACP usage by their agents and advisors include: Cambridge Investment Research, Country Financial, FSC Securities, Guardian, Kansas City Life, The Leaders Group, MassMutual, Nationwide, New York Life, Principal Securities, Royal Alliance Associates, SagePoint Financial, Western & Southern Life and Woodbury Financial Services.
Registration for the October LACP testing deadline is currently open. The deadline is Sept. 1. The late deadline (requiring a $50 processing fee) is Sept. 15.
Producers seeking the LACP in October can take the proctored exam online from their home or office, without having to travel to a testing center.