NAIFA-NY has selected a new slate of officers to serve on its Board of Directors for 2021. The board is comprised of NAIFA members who bring a wealth of industry and association experience to their leadership roles. They will chart the course for the chapter’s 1,100 members over the coming year with a strong emphasis on state government advocacy.
The 2021 NAIFA-NY Board of Directors
- President Gary Cappon, LUTCF, FSCP, RICP, Brokerage Director at Cadaret, Grant & Co. in Syracuse, NY, and a loyal NAIFA member since 2006.
- President-Elect Vinny Dallo, ChFC, CLU, CLTC, LUTCF, Financial Planner at Kappan Financial in Fairport, NY, and a loyal NAIFA member since 2005.
- Past-President Peter C. Browne, LUTCF, Principal at PRB Wealth Management in New York, NY, and a loyal NAIFA member since 1965.
- Secretary/Treasurer Robert Miller, MA, MS, Partner at Miller-Pomerantz in New York, NY, and a loyal NAIFA member since 1983.
- Paul Sciacca, Financial Services Professional with New York Life Insurance Company in Melville, NY, and a loyal NAIFA member since 2009. Sciacca will serve as Vice President of Government Relations.
- Mitchell Ostrove, CLU, ChFC, AEP, LACP, Owner, The Ostrove Group in White Plains, NY, and a loyal NAIFA member since 1965. Ostrove will serve as Vice President of Professional Development.
- Neil Himmelstein, President of Main Street Planning Group in Center Moriches, NY, and a loyal NAIFA member since 1997. Himmelstein will serve as Vice President of Membership.
“NAIFA-New York has selected an extremely talented and experienced Board of Directors to lead the chapter during the coming year,” said NAIFA President Tom Michel, LACP. “I look forward to working with President Gary Cappon and the entire Board to serve the needs of our many loyal New York members and extend our reach further into the state’s community of agents and advisors. The Board members are enthusiastic about expanding NAIFA-NY’s advocacy influence at the state and federal levels. They will work in Albany to safeguard the interests of producers and consumers in the state and are committed to participating in federal advocacy efforts, like NAIFA Congressional Conference.”
The NAIFA-NY Board members have deep ties in the industry, with connections that help promote the value of NAIFA and NAIFA-NY as industry partners. Together, the members have more than 175 years of experience in the insurance and financial services industry. They have been instrumental in reaffirming support for NAIFA from companies like New York Life and partnerships with organizations like the Life Insurance Council of New York, Inc. (LICONY).
The Board will also oversee NAIFA-NY’s role in implementing the NAIFA 2025 Strategic Plan, which calls for NAIFA to amplify its brand with clear and consistent messaging across NAIFA Nation. NAIFA-NY will also be crucial to the strategic plan’s goal of creating a high-quality membership experience consistent for all NAIFA members and including opportunities to engage in advocacy, professional development, and networking programs.