We're excited to announce we are now accepting nominations for NAIFA's 2023 Diversity Champion Award.
The Diversity Champion Award recognizes exceptional efforts to promote the full and equal participation of diverse people within the insurance and financial advising profession. NAIFA members in good standing are eligible for this prestigious award.
Past winners include:
- 2022: Christopher Gandy, LACP — loyal member since 2003
- 2021: Chad Cooper, MBA — loyal member since 2018
- 2020: Stephen Kagawa, FSS, LUTCF® — loyal member since 1986
- 2019: Aprilyn Chavez-Geissler — loyal member since 2005
- 2018: Brian Haney, LACP, CLTC®, CFS, CIS, CFBS, CAE — loyal member since 2013
- 2017: Evelyn Gellar, LUTCF®, RICP®, CLTC®, FSCP®, CDFA® — loyal member since 1993
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is part of NAIFA's 2025 Strategic Plan. The goal of NAIFA's DEI initiative is to ensure that the agent and advisor workforce is reflective of a rapidly changing Main Street America and prepared to serve and protect the American population with risk protection and investment products.
Each year, the award will be presented at the NAIFA Belong awards celebration during the National Leadership Conference.
The deadline for applications is August 31, 2023.